Saturday 17 October 2009

Day 10

It's already been a little over a week since I arrived in Brussels.
Now that I am writing is still the morning of the tenth day.

My main activities so far were just walking around town, trying to look for the oranges ads, checking rooms, finding new places.



I went to see a house close to Eglise Saint Antoine (Etterbeek, see above) and the people actually seemed real nice, but then it turned out there was no furniture on that room, so... no.
Have seen a couple other rooms and studios. So far the studios didn't really seem so good and it would be nice to live with other people as well. A funny thing was that, on Tuesday, I saw a room that I was kinda considering (though the fact that I would have to go up the stairs all the way to the third floor to reach my room and then all the why down to go to the kitchen and living room wasn't appealing) but still thought I should see more and have a bigger option and then yesterday I ended up meeting the person who saw the room on Wednesday and decided to take it straight away. So.... obviously you don't have time for big considerations in this town. Room hunt continues, but might be reaching a decision in the next few days.

Besides room hunting and walking around...



 
 


 

 
(The Monster looks quite massive)

...sometimes walking under almost freezing cold, I have also met quite some people, most of them very very nice. On Thursday I had dinner at the house of a friend of my "temporary housemates" and had one of the most amazing meals in months. He surely can cook! Delighted. The others said that it seemed like Christmas dinner :)
And yesterday was actually my first day. Not that I did any work already, but will start properly next week. I did, however, have time to ask for a "proper" keyboard (qwerty), seeing that I don't really get along with the French ones (I know, I could get used to it, but still).

This could be a very interesting experience. So far, the people from my unit seemed really nice and I will be sharing the office with two other trainees, so hope it all turns well. Will have a LOT to read in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment