Thursday 14 January 2010

Day 98


I went to visit the Belgian National Archives yesterday morning (was snowing and very cold). It was an interesting visit - my favourite part was when they took us to the room with all the scanners and material to digitalise documents. Wonder how much those "little" machines cost...

Last night I went to Bozar (Centre for Fine Arts) to see the Ninth Symphony of Beethoven and Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. Beethoven was really beautiful! But Carmina Burana was more... how to say it... enthusiastic? Constant goosebumps :) It was quite funny to realise that so many songs from German bands such as Helium Vola, QNTAL, In Extremo and others were based on these specific texts. I already knew the songs were old medieval lyrics and poems, but I didn't know they were a part of the Carmina Burana compilation.
It was worth every penny, really beautiful!

Today it feels a little warmer. The websites say it might be 1ยบ (yes, positive, for a change!).

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Carmina Burana is constant goosebumps!! I also loved it when I saw it live almost 3 years ago. Would definitely go to see it again! ;)

    ReplyDelete